18th January 2023
A letter from the Practice Manager
Dear Cavendish Road Patients,
2022 was a big year! Our year included:
- A big change in our clinical software. We thank all our patients for their patience during this transition.
- We also introduced Hot Docs for online bookings and for non-urgent reminders and recalls.
- Constant changes to COVID regulations kept us all on our toes. After a period of only being able to offer telehealth appointments for those patients with respiratory symptoms, we introduced face to face consults in a way that was safe for all staff and patients at the clinic.
- Our clinic farewelled Dr Michael Enstice, Dr Michel Linden and Dr Peter Joseph. We wish these three doctors all the best for their next adventures.
- The clinic was happy to welcome Dr David Eaton and Dr Andrew Fahey to Cav Rd. Both are available to take appointments for existing and new patients.
Throughout September 2022, the reception team asked patients who were attending for their appointment, to complete a survey about their experience with the practice. We pride ourselves on offering a high level of care to our patients and it was great to see that you agreed! You particularly liked getting reminders for your appointments and you felt welcomed and well cared for by reception staff. Feedback about the doctors you saw was also very positive. You felt that you were treated with respect, felt comfortable, sensitivity was shown towards your concerns and the GP’s helped you understand your medical condition and involved you in decisions made about your health.
We appreciate the feedback you gave about the following areas that you felt needed some improvement.
- Seeing the clinician of your choice, getting an appointment for a time that suited you, being able to see a doctor when you need urgent care and the time you had to wait to book this appointment. This year we have seen three doctors retire from Cavendish Road Clinic and we have therefore experienced a few periods of time where we were short on GP’s. We have good news! We have welcomed two fabulous new GP’s to the practice who are ready to see you and we will continue to monitor the situation over the coming months.
- The time you had to wait after you arrived at the clinic. Although we try and allow enough time for your appointments, sometimes the patients booked before you may require a little extra time. Where possible, the reception team will try and let you know if the doctor is running behind time.
- Privacy in the waiting area. This has been tricky throughout the pandemic with mask wearing and the protection screen in reception making it difficult for us to hear you and for you to hear us. Your privacy is very important to us here at the clinic so the entire team here will ensure that your information is kept confidential. Your medical information is stored securely and we will speak as quietly as possible when speaking with you at the front desk.
- Your understanding of how medical records are kept private in clinic. We recognise that we could do better with this. We will look at putting up more signs around the clinic and some information on our website to keep you better informed about how your records are kept private.
- Suitability of clinic opening hours. Be assured that this is on our radar, and we will continue to review this over the coming months.
- Information about where to get medical care when the clinic is closed. Information on our after hours home doctor services that can be contacted when we are closed can be found on our answering machine, at the entrance of the clinic and on our website.
This year, our clinic will be focusing on running monthly health campaigns to keep you fighting fit! Keep an eye on our clinic noticeboards and on our website for information about these monthly campaigns.
Once again, thank you to those who provided feedback. I am happy to receive feedback at any stage. Please reach out to me via phone, email or in person.
On behalf of all of us at Cavendish Road Clinic, I wish you a healthy and prosperous new year.
Cavendish Road Clinic
(07) 3397 1041